[hobbit] FW: Two issues - new user

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Thu May 3 09:57:46 CEST 2007

> An AIX server (5.3) every now and again the memory page goes red. It
> says its using 4billion % of the memory. While this seems great
> efficiency for such a small box how can I prevent this / why is it
> happening?

Sounds like an integer overflow in how the percentage is calculated.
Could you forward me the detailed memory status when this happens ?
You can find one of them if you click on the "History" button for the
memory status, and then click on one of the red occurrences.

Thanx

#1 & #3 are resolved.

The weird memory issue has happened again this morning:

Thu May 3 08:54:21 BST 2007 - Memory CRITICAL

   Memory              Used       Total  Percentage
red Physical     4294967205M       4096M 4294967294%
green Swap                 87M       8704M          0%

It lasted for about 5 mins then went back to normal.