[hobbit] FW: Two issues - new user

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Wed May 2 21:25:47 CEST 2007

Brian O'Mahony wrote:

> One of our HPUX PA-RISC machines has a red smiley face next to ports.
> This server was previously configured to run hobbit. Here is the error :
> Weblogic (found 0, req. 1 or more)
>
> I thought someone may have set it up to watch the Weblogic port, so I
> removed the older version of hobbit, and put on the latest stable
> release. Problem is the face is still red. How do I remove this?

That's what it sounds like to me.  To remove the port test for Weblogic,
open the the hobbit-client.cfg file on the Hobbit server, find the
client config that corresponds to the hostname of the server showing up
as red, and delete the PORT line for Weblogic.  It will probably look
something like this:

PORT LOCAL=xxxxxxxx TEXT=Weblogic

> An AIX server (5.3) every now and again the memory page goes red. It
> says its using 4billion % of the memory. While this seems great
> efficiency for such a small box how can I prevent this / why is it
> happening?

Do you get weird values when the memory test status is green or yellow?
  Can you post an example?

> Some of the servers are yellow for memory, and when expanded it points
> to vm/swap space. The servers sometimes go above 80% (which I can see
> from the configuration report). However they just stay yellow even when
> they return below the threshold. How do I stop these from staying
> yellow, or at least when they do give a yellow alert, that I can just
> turn it back to green after noting it?

You cannot remove the yellow condition or change the color to green
unless the system itself is no longer reporting memory levels that
exceed the yellow alert threshold.  Either set the yellow alert levels
higher or use 101, which prevents it from alerting on any value from 0-100.
--
Tom Georgoulias
Systems Engineer
tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com