Downtime

Bill Hart bill.hart at burkecorp.com
Fri Mar 30 15:56:19 CEST 2007

I've dug through the documentation and searched the archives, but I'm
still having an issue with the downtime option.

I've only got one device that needs it and I added it as such :

ip     name                          #http://ip
DOWNTIME=*:*:0230:0630:Scheduled_Downtime

The info page displays it properly as :

Planned downtime: All days:*:0230:0630:Scheduled_Downtime

Yet when I have this in the bb-hosts file, bbtest stops running sometime
in the night.  Last night it was midnight.  A couple of nights before it
was 2am.

Checking the history.log I see it says "Cannot open status historyfile
'/home/hobbit/data/hist/machine.test for several machines, but not all
of them.

The hobbitd.log shows that I had the DOWNTIME configuration set slightly
wrong previously, however it is clean since I removed the line and then
updated it with the line you see above (something I gleaned from the
archives about needing 2 *s).

It's a Fedora Core 6 box running the latest and greatest of everything.
Hobbit is all it does, it's got mrtg and bb-xsnmp running as well.

Does anyone have any pointers on where to go from here ?

Bill Hart

Computer Support Supervisor

Always make it your best(r)