[hobbit] Historical trends?

Dominique Frise Dominique.Frise at unil.ch
Tue Mar 20 17:05:27 CET 2007

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:11:22PM +0100, Kolbjørn Barmen wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, lars ebeling wrote:
>>
>>> If you mean the graphical trends, you get previous periods by clicking
>>> on the graph.
>> Almost - when you do that you dont get trends, you get previous periods
>> for that test. I'm looking for a way to watch get a trends view with all
>> the tests from the trends page, but from a different period.
>
> I started doing this yesterday, thinking it would be a simple task ...
> well, it was a bit more complicated than I thought. But I think it's
> working now - unfortunately, it is also mixed in with some of the other
> changes that have happened since 4.2.0.
>
> So I won't make a patch against 4.2.0, but if you really want it then
> you can grab the current snapshot and build it, then copy the
> web/hobbitsvc.cgi to ~hobbit/server/bin/ and
> hobbitd/webfiles/trends_form to the ~hobbit/server/web/ directory.
>
> This has a small form at the top of the "trends" page where you can pick
> how much time the graphs should cover. The default is 48 hours (as
> before), but you can change that by setting TRENDSECONDS in
> hobbitserver.cfg - as the name implies, it is in seconds.
>
> The form layout on the trends page will probably change a bit, perhaps
> to some drop-down boxes.

Hi Henrik,

We found why we receive "Internal Server Error" when using this new feature.

We use the NAME tag in bb-hosts and this value is -wrongly- given as param. to
the hobbitsvc.cgi.

Here an example with NAME="arwen (ESX Server for Linux)":

-------------------------
<CENTER>
   <TABLE WIDTH=80% BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=5 SUMMARY="Trends period">
     <TR><TD>Trends period</TD></TR>
     <TR>
        <TD BGCOLOR="#333333">
        <BR>

        <CENTER>

        <FORM METHOD="GET" ACTION="/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh">
           Days: <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="backdays" SIZE=4
VALUE="3">
           Hours: <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="backhours" SIZE=4
VALUE="0">
           Minutes: <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="backmins" SIZE=4
VALUE="0">
           Seconds: <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="backsecs" SIZE=4
VALUE="0">

           <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="HOST" VALUE="arwen (ESX Server for Linux)">
           <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="SERVICE" VALUE="trends">
           <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="Go" VALUE="Update" ALT="Update">
        </FORM>

        </CENTER>
        </TD>
       </TR>