[hobbit] BB compatibility problem.

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Mar 19 13:00:52 CET 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 09:28:48AM +0100, Ulric Eriksson wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
>
> >You cannot use a Hobbit client with a BB server - whether it is BB Pro
> >or the "better-than-free" version.
>
> Henrik, what does that mean exactly? Is it not supported, is it
> not supposed to work, or what?

It means "will not work" and hence "not supported".

> I'm asking because we (Mattias and I work for the same company)
> use Hobbit clients successfully with BB servers. It Seems To Work
> [tm] if it is purposely configured for that.

Your custom tests - the "extension scripts" - that run on the client
will work, because they send results using the old BB-compatible
"status" protocol.

The basic client data - those that end up in the "cpu", "disk", "msgs"
and "procs" columns - will not work without a Hobbit server to interpret
the data. The Hobbit client doesn't report these data in a form that the
BB server understands.

--
Henrik Storner