hobbitd_client core dumping and terminating

Allan.Marillier at dana.com Allan.Marillier at dana.com
Sat Mar 10 03:04:12 CET 2007

I've had a problem for a while now that surfaces every now and then, and
after a while goes away by itself. I'm running hobbit 4.2.0-1 on Fedora
Core 5 from Henrik's rpm bundle FC5-hobbit-client-4.2.0-1.i386.rpm. Most
of the time I have no problems, but every now and then my hobbitd_client
comes up red with
- Program crashed

Fatal signal caught.

I find a bunch of core dumps in /var/lib/hobbit/tmp all generated by
hobbitd_client. The only clue I'm getting from log files and the core dump
point to pcre. Any clues? I assume this will be one Henrik will need to
check over. Sometimes stopping and restarting all hobbit processes a
number of times will resolve the problem, I've even rebooted to ensure
everything comes up clean, but so far this time nothing is helping.

/usr/lib/hobbit/client/logs/clientdata.log is filled with messages like
these:
2007-03-09 20:55:24 pcre compile '(end' failed (offset 4): missing )
2007-03-09 20:55:24 Worker process died with exit code 134, terminating

gdb output is below:
root at hobbit tmp# gdb /usr/lib/hobbit/server/bin/hobbitd_client
/var/lib/hobbit/tmp/core.24865
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.134.fc5rh)
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...
(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...(no debugging
symbols found)...done.
Loaded system supplied DSO at 0x4c1000
Core was generated by `hobbitd_client'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.

warning: svr4_current_sos: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output
error

Reading symbols from /lib/libpcre.so.0...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libpcre.so.0
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
#0  0x004c1402 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x004c1402 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0x00138ee9 in raise () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0x0013a4f1 in abort () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0x08062363 in ?? ()
#4  0x0806cee0 in pcre_free ()
#5  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)
</PRE>
<hr>

English, Francais, Espanol, Deutsch, Italiano, Portugues:<br>
<hr>