Distributed bb-hosts

Torben Aagaard torben.aagaard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 21:14:23 CET 2007

Hello !

I'm currently running a 2-server hobbit system, host A is doing both BBDISP
and BBNET, while host B is only running network tests.
ON both hosts, the BBLOCATION is set to either A or B.

My bb-hosts file is broken down to these :

bb-hosts.A
# Default : Test IP Addr
0.0.0.0 .default. # testip NET:A

1.2.3.4 foobar # ssh

bb-hosts.B
# Default : Test IP Addr
0.0.0.0 .default. # testip NET:B

5.6.7.8 arg # ssh

On host A - my bb-hosts file looks something like this :
include bb-hosts.A
include bb-hosts.B

On host B is says :
include bb-hosts.B

I'd like to maintain all the bb-hosts files on host A - so the question is
how to distribute the bb-hosts.B from host A to host B. I could use SSH/SCP
- but perhaps it's easier to utilize the BB "config" command and pull the
bb-hosts.B file from host B ? What are you guys doing ? Any recommendations
?

Thanks

BR
/Torben