[hobbit] Hobbit -vs- BB4

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 7 22:06:11 CET 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 01:52:18PM -0000, Jones, Jason (Altrincham) wrote:
> Henrik have you had your meeting with the phbs about this yet?

I have, but nothing has been decided yet.

However, I am now certain that some deity has been busy working in
my favour. 5 minutes before the meeting ended, cell phones started
beeping around the meeting room - and this turned out to be the
beginning of the biggest disruption of service our datacenter has
ever had. Several events conspired against us, but the result was
a near 100% loss of all network connectivity on our core backbone
network, and to our Internet connectivity.

So I had lots of time to demonstrate - also to the PHB's - that
monitoring with a simple webpage works, even when you access it
over a 56 kbit dialup connection through a cell phone. I had
quite an audience throughout the afternoon, evening and night.

So I think the odds are in my favour right now.