[hobbit] is Hobbit ready for 2007 DST?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Mar 6 21:51:19 CET 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 11:29:35AM -0500, Jerry Yu wrote:
> I didn't find any question asked about 2007 DST readiness for Hobbit on the
> list. Should it be assumed it won't be problem at all? For one thing, the
> scheduled downtime and such would be specific to local time.  Assume the
> underlying operating system has been patched and is ready to accomodate 2007
> DST changes in North America.

All time recorded in Hobbit uses either the Unix timestamp - which is
unaffected by DST changes - or the local time of some event which has
occurred (for history logging).

So I cannot see that there should be any problems, assuming your OS has
been updated to handle the new DST changes (usually, an update to your
timezone definition files).