[hobbit] Hobbit windows client: configuration

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 09:59:09 CEST 2007

Hello Ye Fee,

2007/6/21, ye-fee liang <yf.liang at yahoo.ca>:
> I've been using BBWin08.msi for a while, and would like to see
> CPU usage reported in percentage, like on Unix's, instead of load numbers.
>
> Does 0.9 allow that?  Or would I have to customize the source code and
> compile it myself?

It's not possible. You will have to customize the source code of the
CPU agent. (Source code available on sourceforge.net).
I didn't implement this possibility because I had no idea how to
generate the values. Load includes more statistics than cpu usage so I
don't know which formula to use on Windows.

If somebody has some ideas to calculate the load on Windows servers,
it would be interesting so I can try to implement it after.

For the moment, CPU usage uses '% processor time'  performance counter
from process performance objects.

Etienne GRIGNON