large system time change freezes hobbit client

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Wed Jun 13 21:31:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

    I noticed that a large clock change tends to stop the hobbit client
from sending status messages to the server. For example, if a system
boots with the wrong time, I get cpu alerts, I go restart ntpd on it,
then I won't get anymore status until I restart hobbit-client on that
system...

    Is clientlaunch trying to keep track of the current time to
determine when to launch hobbit-client.sh, instead of just sleeping 5
minutes ( default ) in between each invocations ?

Thanks

-Dan