Is 4.2.0 Hobbitfetch more stable than snapshot?

Charles Jones charles.r.jones at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 20:39:02 CEST 2007

I'm currently running a recent snapshot (4.3.0-20061124) and having lots of
problems with hobbitfetch randomly crashing 10+ times per day. Needless to
say this is making my graphs look terrible.  On the other hand, I have
another installation of Hobbit that is running 4.2.0 (plus the all-in-one
patch), that uses hobbitfetch for hundreds of hosts without any problems.

So my question is, will downgrading my current install to 4.2.0 fix my
Hobbitfetch problems? I did a diff on the 2 hobbitfetch.c versions and there
is a slight difference - looks like the newer version has some added code to
handle IP settings in the pulldata tag, but it doesnt look like anything
that would cause crashes.

I know Henrik is aware of this problem and I'm sure he will fix it when he
can.  I'm looking for a temporary band-aid until then though :)