[hobbit] Custom graphs, passing data

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jun 6 22:45:45 CEST 2007

The way i'd do that is to split the data you want graphed into a
separate message using the "data" protocol instead of a "status".
E.g. in your custom test generating the data, you'd have

$BB $BBDISP "data $MACHINE.mydata
item1: value1
item2: value2
"

which feeds the lines into Hobbit, and into the NCV module using
"mydata" as the ID. So you'd need to setup NCV_mydata in
hobbitserver.cfg as described in the docs.

Having sent a "data" message doesn't prevent you from generating a
"status" message in the same script. And then you can have whatever
formatting you like for the status since it won't go through the NCV
module. Just dont call your status column the same as the ID you used
for the "data" message. So ...

$BB $BBDISP "status $MACHINE.mytest green `date` OK
... all of the fancy stuff here ..."

To get the graph to show up on the status page, make sure you have a
TEST2RRD entry with "mystatus=mydata".