[hobbit] Ability to follow 302 redirects

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 05:16:44 CEST 2007

On 6/5/07, Charles Jones <jonescr at cisco.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to do a content check of a URL that 302's (because an auth
> token is being passed in the URL). The problem I am having is Hobbit
> reports "No output received from server".
>
> I searched the archives and noted that Hobbit does not (yet?) support
> following 302 redirects, but shouldn't it get "something" back from the
> server? If anything I could check the 302 code to verify that it is
> redirecting to the authenticated URL instead of the error one.

I'm doing this all the time, sucking web pages off our servers to
validate correct operation.  I'm using curl, in custom bash scripts,
to grab pages.  curl is very good at following 302 redirects, going
through proxies with or without authentication, etc.

I've been meaning to post a more-or-less generic script, but haven't
made the time to get it together.  If you're interested, we could work
something out offlist, then post a result either here or maybe on the
Shire.

Ralph Mitchell