LOG alert not showing yellow

Manocchia, Robert Robert-Manocchia at IDEXX.com
Tue Jun 5 21:38:21 CEST 2007

I have a small problem. I've set up monitoring of the /var/log/messages
logfile to search for the string "authentication failure" and alert with a
yellow button in the MSG column. I can see the error displayed when I click
on the button below the Msg column header but it does not turn yellow.

 Below is the entry in the clients-local.cfg file:

[batman]

log:/var/log/messages:10240

ignore MARK

This is the entry in the hobbit-clients.cfg file:

HOST=batman

        LOG     /var/log/messages       authentication failure  color=yellow

Why doesn't this give me a yellow alert.

 Thanks

Robert Manocchia

UNIX System Administrator

IDEXX Laboratories