[hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version

Scott Walters scott at PacketPushers.com
Wed Jul 25 04:15:02 CEST 2007

On 7/24/07, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> I've whipped up a very rough implementation as part of the eventlog
> report on the Hobbit demo site. Could you try generating a report at
>   http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/bb-eventlog.sh
> and let me know if the data at the top is something in the right
> direction?

Bingo.  But since that was so easy, here are a few more:

* So voodoo.hswn.dk has had 12 state changes . . . what were they?  It
would be nice If the server name and service name could be HTML links
which would generate a report of the state changes for the specified
server/service over the given period.

* Also, please show the total.  If there are more then 10
hosts/services use an "Other" at the end of the list.   I love seeing
single hosts on 100+ node installs with 25% of activity.  You know
where to focus.

* And I would imagine the "Top X" where X is configurable will be requested.

* And print the report period on the page so you know what you are looking at.

> The nice thing about making it an add-on or variant of the eventlog
> report is that there's already all of the nice filtering for hosts,
> pages, time-periods etc in place, plus the "allevents" logfile parsing
> is also done.

We'll keep requesting features until it gets hard ;)

Scott Walters
-PacketPusher