[hobbit] AIX Power5 vmstat (was: Re: [hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version)

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Jul 24 08:38:38 CEST 2007

On Monday 23 July 2007, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 01:51:55PM -0700, Mike Arnold wrote:
> > Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> > > This doesn't mean that I won't consider adding new stuff before the
> > > 4.3.0 release, but right now the plan is to get 4.3.0 shipped with
> > > the current set of features. But if I've missed someone's favourite
> > > patch or feature request, do let me know.
> >
> > I'd like to see POWER5 CPU stats:
> > http://www.docum.org/twiki/bin/view/Hobbit/AixPower5
Related to this post, I have a perl script that can manipulate rrds:
- adding RRA's (so you can add MAX and MIN)
- adding DS's for the extra vmstat number with AIX 5.3)
- changing the DS (so you can keep the data longer)
- migrate from OS to OS (with rrdtool dump and restore)

Let me know if you are interested.  The script itself uses some custom perl
library's so I can not publish them, but I can try to filter out the needed
information and procedures.

Stef