AIX Power5 vmstat (was: Re: [hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version)

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 23 23:21:32 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 01:51:55PM -0700, Mike Arnold wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> > This doesn't mean that I won't consider adding new stuff before the
> > 4.3.0 release, but right now the plan is to get 4.3.0 shipped with
> > the current set of features. But if I've missed someone's favourite
> > patch or feature request, do let me know.
>
> I'd like to see POWER5 CPU stats:
> http://www.docum.org/twiki/bin/view/Hobbit/AixPower5

No problem, except I don't understand why the Wiki claims that it is
necessary to remove the '.' from the numbers. It seems this is to
convert the data to percentages, but that can be done in the graph
definition:

    [vmstat-pc]
	TITLE Used Physical CPU
	YAXIS pc (100 = 1 CPU)
	DEF:pc=vmstat.rrd:cpu_pc:AVERAGE
	CDEF:pcpercent=pc,100,*
	LINE2:pcpercent#00CC00

And the "-b 1024" in the Wiki graph definition looks bogus.

I'm cc'ing Stef Coene who wrote the Wiki entry to see if he can shed
some light on this.