[hobbit] Avoid alarm when hobbitd server lost connection

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Mon Jul 23 20:05:46 CEST 2007

Example of a long route chain:

HobbitServer --> Firewall.Rail.1 --> NATServerPhysical --> NATServerVirtual --> Router1

Route:Firewall.Rail.1,NATServerPhysical,NATServerVirtual,Router

Remember, everything in the chain must correspond to a name somewhere in the bb-hosts file on your Hobbit server.  No spaces allowed in the chain.

This tag doesn't suppress everything, but it will make ping fails yellow instead of red for things beyond the first failure.  In my case, if the NAT server goes down (or becomes inaccessible) then the conn test for NATServerPhysical will go red, and the conn tests for NETServerVirtual and Router will go yellow and include a message blaming everything on NATServerPhysical.

NOTE: The above names are bogus -- I cannot post the real ones...

GLH