[hobbit] Avoid alarm when hobbitd server lost connection

Rodolfo Pilas rodolfo at pilas.net
Mon Jul 23 18:17:26 CEST 2007

Hubbard, Greg L escribió:
> I would use router tags, make sure you are pinging the switch, and then
> put the switch as the first hop in your router path.
>
> As for the flood of emails when connections are restored -- this is a
> Hobbit "feature" at present if you have "recovery" messages enabled --
> Hobbit will send recovery messages regardless of whether or not it send
> a "problem" message.  In a large installation, this could add up to a
> lot of emails.

Greg, I try to understand router tag, but it is not clear to me from
documentation:
Man page:
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/manpages/man5/bb-hosts.5.html
or Wikibook:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Hobbit/Administration_Guide

I have now monitoring the 'gateway' (conn), but how I notice hobbit and
other servers checks that 'gateway' is the first router?

Can you please paste here a example configuration?

Thank you
Rodolfo Pilas