[hobbit] Alerting table in the info screen

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 23 17:52:01 CEST 2007

Hi Greg,

the alert configuration in BB was horrible. You've provided an
excellent example yourself: I cannot tell from that display what will
happen when a critical "disk" event happens (at least, not without
re-reading the BB docs, which I have no intention of doing).

The Hobbit alert config tries to be a lot more flexible, but at the
same time much easier to understand (so there's a better chance you'll
get it right). And the info-column display also tries to be crystal
clear: It's obvious that I will NOT get an alert when the "disk" status
goes red, because it only sends alerts for the "network" and "temp"
columns.

It won't change. Tell your users it's WYSIWYG 1).

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WYSIWYG for those readers who aren't old
enough to recognize this acronym.