[hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 01:16:12 CEST 2007

On 7/21/07, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

> In another thread, someone asked about what new features are planned for
> version 4.3.0. I've summarized them below; they have all been
> implemented by now. Some of them have been contributed by others over
> the past year - I'm pleased to have finally gotten their patches merged.
>
> There are some open bug-reports, and the plan now is to try and get
> those fixed. Once that is done I'll ask you all to start testing the
> beta-versions, and then a new release is hopefully available soon.
>
> This doesn't mean that I won't consider adding new stuff before the
> 4.3.0 release, but right now the plan is to get 4.3.0 shipped with
> the current set of features. But if I've missed someone's favourite
> patch or feature request, do let me know.

- Display column only when  it is red
  (http://www.*hobbit*mon.com/*hobbit*on/2006/08/msg00920.html)
- SNMP trap by default
- SNMP probe option builtin
- Process specific alert
  (http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2005/11/msg00159.html)
- Comment TAG for DOWNTIME
  (http://www.hobbitmon.com/hobbiton/2007/04/msg00141.html)
- Add functionalities in `delay'
  (http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2005/06/msg00272.html)
- CPU/Memory Usage per process
  (http://osdir.com/ml/monitoring.hobbit/2007-01/msg00429.html)
- Text based alert for `msgs'. Currently it shows as html in my email
  (http://osdir.com/ml/monitoring.hobbit/2007-01/msg00203.html)

Thanks again for such an excellent application and keeping it open!!

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu