Disk Monitoring

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Fri Jul 20 18:17:03 CEST 2007

Hello All,

I had a recent problem with monitoring filesystems, and

I wanted some assistance.

We have a couple database servers using Veritas clustering.

Can anyone recommend a method for monitoring the Veritas

clustering and filesystems?

When the clustering went down, several partitions were unmounted.

Hobbit didn't alert us that the partitions were not available.

I'm curious, let's say hobbit is monitoring the filesystem (disk),

and someone unmounts a partition that is in vfstab or the filesystem

is no longer accessible, disk goes down, but the mount still shows.

Does Hobbit alert to these?

(The cluster mounts are not in the vfstab, but I just wondering

about other filesystems)

Thanks..James