[hobbit] Missing libpcre and libgcc in compiled binaries

Matthew Epp matthew.epp at us.army.mil
Tue Jul 17 21:05:13 CEST 2007

I found the issue. Very odd. For some reason, when I last built PCRE, it
did not create symlinks for some of the files. These were missing:
/usr/local/lib/libpcre.so -> libpcre.so.0.0.1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     other          16 Jul 17 16:55
/usr/local/lib/libpcre.so.0 -> libpcre.so.0.0.1
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     other      433948 Jul 12  2006
/usr/local/lib/libpcreposix.so -> libpcreposix.so.0.0.0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     other          21 Jul 17 16:56
/usr/local/lib/libpcreposix.so.0 -> libpcreposix.so.0.0.0

Once those were in place, the linker added in libpcre as well as libgcc
as expected. Everything's working again. :) By the way, I was doing this
so I could add a WIKI button to alert pages, which when clicked, does an
auto-search in our internal wiki using that hostname and service as the
keywords. Works great! One more thing I need to document and upload.