[hobbit] No bbdisplay

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 16 13:00:54 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 06:47:08PM -0400, Steve wrote:
> I just installed hobbit monitor 4.2.0 on Solaris 8, hobbit starts fine,
> but bb.html  remains blank, I tired bb2.html and bbnk.html and there is
> data there.  Also tried cgi script find a host, but probably has nothing
> to do with the main display page, bb.html

This file is created in ~hobbit/data/www/bb.html. Could you see if that
file is being created, if it is being updated, and whether it contains
any data ? While you're at it, check permissions on the file - it should
be writable by the hobbit userid.

> /var/log/hobbit/bb-display.log
> ::::::::::::::
> 2007-07-13 18:05:40 Whoops ! bb failed to send message - timeout
> 2007-07-13 18:05:40 hobbitd status-board not available

This may happen once when Hobbit is started, but it is a problem if
it shows up every time bbgen runs (once a minute). Does it ?

What happens if you run this command as the hobbit user:

   bbcmd bbgen

The problem with your CGI programs is probably the /usr/local/lib
not being in the default library search path. Simplest solution is
to use the "crle" utility to add /usr/local/lib to the system default
library search path. Alternatively, put
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
in /etc/hobbit/hobbitcgi.cfg. You can also put that LD_LIBRARY_PATH
setting into hobbitserver.cfg (without the "export" line) for the
benefit of the other Hobbit utilities.