BigBrother migration: trending on the mem test

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 14:34:32 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I am almost complete with my Proof-of-concept with out BigBrother to Hobbit
migration. Yes, has been taking along time. There were a lot of BB
customizations that needed porting.

Anyways. All my *NIX devices report into BB with their memory report as mem,
not memory. So I have BigBrother & hobbit running in parallel, with a bbproxy
sending bbclient data to both. One of my last issues is that I am missing
memory trends for all my *nix servers. So is there anyway to tell the hobbit
server to do memory trending on memory & mem reports ? I have tried a few
things, but with no success.

If there is no way to configure hobbit to perform trend collection on memory &
mem reports, I can just do a --extra-test option and script something. I have
a few of those already. I was just curious if there was any inbuilt method.

Thanks,
 ~Steve