[hobbit] Strange rrd problem

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 13:55:44 CEST 2007

On Friday 13 July 2007 07:35, Thomas Kaehn wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 12:49:22PM +0200, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> > As for the diamond-shaped graph - yes, this is quite puzzling.
> > I've had a couple of other reports (see e.g. this thread:
> > http://www.hobbitmon.com/hobbiton/2005/10/msg00332.html).
> > We haven't been able to figure out why this happens, the data
> > that goes into the RRD file look sane.
>
> The data in the rrd file looks strange however when dumped using
> rrdtool. So every other value is different.

Would this somehow be linked to the ping graphs I see that form 'ramps' ? Does
anyone else see these 'ramps' ? Most of my host ping times show the same
pattern. So this would define the problem to be in Hobbit, or in my
network ;) The BigBrother server, running in parallel with Hobbit, doesn't
show this pattern. I am using the hobbitping tool. The small home hobbit
server, I run, doesn't show this pattern 'ramp' pattern.

You can see a sample graph at,
http://jentoo.homedns.org:8080/pub/download/pingtimes.png

Thanks,
 ~Steve