[hobbit] BBWin and Message problems

Stewart Larsen stl19847 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 18:41:52 CEST 2007

Thanks. I've read the manual, but the syntax below does not seem to behave
the way I expect.

The first error I get  with that EventID triggers an alert.  I thought
with the syntax given, I would need to see 10 log entries within a 30
minute period before I get an alert.

Is this a bug in BBWin, or am I doing something incorrect here?

Stewart

> Hello Stewart,
>

> You can set a counter so you may only receive alert if several events
> on the same rule are matched. Default is 0 which means that the first
> event matched will generate an alert. count must be a positive number.
> count has no effect on ignore rules.
>

> 2007/7/11, Stewart Larsen <stl19847 at yahoo.com>:
>> Not sure if this is the right place...
>>
>> I have a particular error in my logs.  It's not a real issus unbless I
>> see
>> 10 of them in a 30 minute period, so I set up a rule in the msgs
>> section...
>>
>> <msgs>
>> <setting name="summary" value="true" />
>> <match  logfile="Application" eventid="3317" count="10" delay="30m" />
>> </msgs>
>>
>> Is this syntax correct?
>>

> The syntax is good but actually, count option just helps to trigger
> events that appear often in the last 30 minutes (your delay setting).
> If count is reached, msgs agent will still report all of the events
> because depending the rules, events can be different each other.
>
> If you really doesn't want the event to be reported, may be you should
> ignore it definitively.
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Etienne GRIGNON