[hobbit] Alerts on server reboot?

Stewart stl19847 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 21:50:57 CEST 2007

Re-read my post and I wasn't clear.  This is the Hobbit server going
down. Not the client machines.

It seems that when the server starts back up after a reboot, it goes,
"My god!  I have not seen an update for all 4000+ hosts in over an hour!
  I should send out purple alerts so that the admin can look into this!"

So the issue is the duration of the Hobbit server downtime.   If it's
down too long, in its mind, it has not received an update in a very long
time, so it sends purple messages for everything it owns.

DOWNTIME won't work, because this is the Hobbit server going down.
I also can't disable the hobbit host tests because, well, my server is
down. :)

Stewart

--
Stewart Larsen