[hobbit] Alerts on server reboot?

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Tue Jul 10 21:05:02 CEST 2007

Purple messages on what?  Connection alarms should only go red, maybe
for a couple polling cycles.  Services, I'd imagine, would come back up
with the server.

Regardless, you can suppress alarms for a given host and/or service on
that host with several ways.  The two that come to mind for me are:
 - Use the DOWNTIME directive in bb-hosts (see the man-page)
 - Use the web interface to disable the host tests for however long you
need when you need to restart a server.

The alarms will still be logged, but won't show up or flow up the chain
to bb2.html or whatnot.

Hope that helps.

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer