[hobbit] Need help on telnet fine tune in bb-services

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 05:14:55 CEST 2007

>From: "Tod Hansmann" <thansmann at directpointe.com>
>To: <hobbit at hswn.dk>
>Subject: RE: [hobbit] Need help on telnet fine tune in bb-services
>Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 15:19:34 -0600
>
>It looks like you have some odd configuration, as the telnet column
>should end up a separate test for each host.  So you'd see a page with
>something like:
>
>	Some Header	conn	telnet	           info	     trends
>Login1.domains.tld	green	red/yellow	green	green
>Login2.domains.tld	green	green		green	green
>Login3.domains.tld	green	green		green	green

Sorry, Looks like my description of my problem confused you.

I did get above layout in hb server page, the problem I am having is that
telnetd on login1 is failing(can't give out the login prompt) but it still
show green under telnet column.

>So either you have a configuration problem in your bb-hosts, or it's not
>actually failing for the box that is doing the network tests.
>
>As far as the response when you telnet manually, that's a configuration
>on the telnet server, not hobbit.  As such I can't speak for it.

I am looking for a way to tighten the telnet test.  I read the manpage,
there is  "expect" command to expect a string. I will try this command to
see what happened.

Thanks for the reply

tj