[hobbit] bbaliasname and include directive

Jones, Jason (Altrincham) JasonAS_Jones at mentor.com
Mon Jan 29 14:13:43 CET 2007

3 choices (that I know of):

1) bbhome/runclient.sh --hostname=fqdn start

2) edit runclient.sh:

MACHINEDOTS="`uname -n`"

MACHINEDOTS="`uname -n`.domain.com"

3) use the NAME/CLIENT tags in bb-hosts:

>From bb-hosts man page:
"NAME:hostname
    Overrides the default hostname used on the overview web pages. If
"hostname" contains spaces, it must be enclosed in double quotes, e.g.
NAME:"R&D Oracle Server"

CLIENT:hostname
    Defines an alias for a host, which will be used when identifying
status messages. This is typically used to accomodate a local client
that sends in status reports with a different hostname, e.g. if you use
hostnames with domains in your Hobbit configuration, but the client is a
silly Window box that does not include the hostname. Or vice versa.
Whatever the reason, this can be used to match status reports with the
hosts you define in your bb-hosts file. It causes incoming status
reports with the specified hostname to be filed using the hostname
defined in bb-hosts."

Hope this helps,
Jason.