[hobbit] BBWin bbd column

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jan 26 23:05:32 CET 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 04:27:41PM -0500, Don Munyak wrote:
> I have successfully installed and configured bbwin 0.9 on a windows
> client. My question is about bbd.
>
> >From docs.. "The bbd column shows the status of the Hobbit or Big
> Brother service on the host. "
>
> Since bbd refers to a host installed agent, which is not part of
> bbwin, how do I disable this in hobbit-server for a given windows
> host.

"bbd" is a network test, probing port 1984 on the host - this port is
only available on the Hobbit server itself.

If you have it listed for a Windows client - with a red/yellow/green
icon, not just the "there's-no-such-test" dash - then you should remove
the "bbd" tag from the bb-hosts entry for your Windows host. And run
   bb 127.0.0.1 "drop WINDOWSHOSTNAME bbd"
to eliminate the bogus status.