[hobbit] number of cpu on the client

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Thu Jan 25 16:12:30 CET 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 14:41, Trent Melcher wrote:
> You could use prtdiag for Solaris(SunOS) boxes.
>
> This could possibly be rolled into the hobbit code, to check what OS is
> running on the client, then based on the client run the appropriate tool
> and have it report this info in another section of the clientdata that is
> sent back to the hobbit server for it to parse through.
If you do this, you are using hobbit for inventory.  And I don't think that
you want this.  Same for amount of memory.  Same for amount of NIC's.
This is _not_ monitoring, but inventory.

I'm not saying that you can not use hobbit for this, I'm saying that this is
something you don't want in the default hobbit client.
What you _can_ do is put all the inventory information in 1 check. This check
will never go not-red (same like the trends and info columns), but will be an
inventory of the client.

(I'm not talking about DLPAR on power5 where you can change hardware on the
fly.....)

Stef