[hobbit] bbwin 0.9 memory.exe missing

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:51:28 CET 2007

Hello Don,

> As I re-read this now, I see that I was not clear in my question.  The
> bbwin.cfg file is trying to load an agent called memory.exe, which
> does not appear to exist on my system.
>
> - Is this agent call an error?
> - Is my config icorrect?
> - Is the memory.exe suppose to be included with bbwin_0.9.msi, but
> somehow not included in my download?
> - What is the purpose of memory.exe?
> - Do I need it?
> - Where can I get it?

The BBWin.cfg file installed by default with BBWin is an example. So,
the externals part is an example to show users how to use it.
memory.exe is a bad example because you get confused with it. Next
release, it will be direclty in comments and memory.exe will be
changed to myexternal.exe so nobody get confused with it.

You don't need memory.exe, memory status is handled by memory.dll
agent. As Johann said, just comment this part or delete the lines from
bbwin.cfg.

I hope every thing is ok now.

Etienne GRIGNON