bbtest crash & core dumping

Allan.Marillier at dana.com Allan.Marillier at dana.com
Mon Jan 22 16:29:49 CET 2007

I have a problem on a Fedora Core 5 server that comes up at random
intervals with Henrik's rpm version of hobbit 4.2.0-1 where my bbtest-net
causes core dumps every 5 minutes and all tests turn purple. If I leave it
alone, after some time between half an hour to 2 hours it goes back to
normal. Is there a known problem that I can correct? This happens at
irregular intervals from 6 to 20 days, and rebooting has not helped. The
only clue I have found so far is to check bb-services, but I have not
modified that, it is exactly as it installed: # $Id: bb-services,v 1.14
2006/07/10 14:41:39 henrik Rel $
Any suggestions please? (I do have some core dumps saved but I'm not too
familiar with gdb debugging)

The message I get on my hobbit display is:
- Program crashed

Fatal signal caught!

root at hobbit tmp# uname -a
Linux hobbit.dana.com 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 #1 Tue Mar 14 15:48:33 EST 2006
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

root at hobbit tmp# cat /etc/issue
Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)

root at hobbit tmp# rpm -qa | grep -i hobbit
hobbit-4.2.0-1

root at hobbit tmp# rpm -qa | grep fping
fping-2.4b2-4.fc4

root at hobbit tmp# file /var/lib/hobbit/tmp/core*
core.13989: ELF 32-bit LSB core file Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
SVR4-style, from 'bbtest-net'
</PRE>
<hr>

English, Francais, Espanol, Deutsch, Italiano, Portugues:<br>
<hr>