[feature request] trackmax for all parameters

Charles Goyard cgoyard at cvf.fr
Fri Jan 19 10:55:05 CET 2007

Hi,

Gildas Le Nadan wrote :

> The TRACKMAX feature is really interesting as the max values get
> "diluted" in the week/month/year views.
>
> Alas, it seem to only work for NCV values at the moment (and I wish I
> could use it for cpu/memory/network/disk).
>
> Charles, Henrik, do you think this is feasible?

I agree it would be nice. I have a question for Henrik prior to
implement it. The RRAS are added individually in each /rrd/*.c backend,
and they get calculated for every status message coming in, (file
creation parameters calculated even if the file already exists. That
part can be moved inside create_and_update_rrd(), making  Hobbit faster.
I'll do it that way only if you don't have future plans underneath that
duplication of code. If you do, I'll add the trackmax test in every
individual rrd backend.

(and I'd love to see that feature in the mainstream hobbit, too :)

Charles Goyard - cgoyard at cvf.fr - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31