relation between GRAPHS and TRENDS

Gildas Le Nadan gn1 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jan 18 13:27:24 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm utterly confused by the GRAPHS and TRENDS variable behaviours.

I would thought that GRAPHS define the default graphs to add to the
trends columns while TRENDS provides a mean to override the default
value for a specified host.

It seems that only TRENDS support the "test:test1|test2" syntax so it is
not possible to specify such tests in the global GRAPHS variables.

Am I right there or am I missing something?

I'd like to globally define
"vmstat:vmstat1|vmstat5,netstat:netstat|netstat1|netstat2|netstat3"
without having to modify 2000 hosts entries...

If this is a missing feature it is heavily missed here ;)

Cheers,
Gildas