why rrd/do_disk.c couldn't store/extract correct CUR value to RRD?

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 22:45:10 CET 2007

In order to piggy-back some database disk usage monitor onto Hobbit's
default 'disk' check, I modifed hobbitclients-linux.sh to call a script
under [df] section, so the following is appended to the regular df output.
The rrd graph shows and alerts get generated when a threshold is
overstepped.

However, for some reason MAX/MIN/CUR data is decimal, while the CUR is not
closer to the AVERAGE than to the real data as reported.
rrd/do_disk.c shows each line of the df output is tokenized using space
character. I can't figure out what caused the CUR (as stored in
disk,db_12_web_DATA.rrd as well) is not the real integer, nor even close to
the real integer reported.

/db_12_web_DATA_dat 100 70 30 70% /db_12_web_DATA
/db_12_web_LOG_dat 100 97 3 97% /db_12_web_LOG

Since the alert is generated, so I'd think Hobbit server does extract the
correct 'pused' at some point

/db_12_web_LOG (97% used) has reached the PANIC level (95%)