[hobbit] Server multiple times,what is wrong?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jan 9 11:22:52 CET 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 09:10:17AM +0100, stefan.freisler at aspect-online.de wrote:
> i have some server multiple times, what is wrong?
>
> page Admin Admin
> group-only
> conn|cpu|memory|disk|msgs|procs|svcs|iishealth|http|webagent|trends <I>
> Win32 Systeme </I>
> 10.28.a.xx      foo.bar.blablub.de      # http://foo.bar.blablub.de
>
> page produkt Produktivsysteme
> group-only
> conn|cpu|disk|msgs|procs|svcs|iishealth|http|webagent|kfz|kv|lv|phv|trends
> <I> Win32 Systeme </I>
> 10.28.a.xx      foo.bar.blablub.de      # noconn http://foo.bar.blablub.de

The problem is that you have the same host listed twice, with network
tests in both locations.

They are even different - the first one tells Hobbit to do a "ping"
test, the other one says "dont do a ping test" (noconn). So which one
should Hobbit use ? It cannot tell, and therefore it warns you about it.

Put ALL of your definitions on one of the host entries, and have all of
the others listed as

0.0.0.0  foo.bar.de # noconn