[hobbit] Time Issue

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Mon Jan 8 21:42:30 CET 2007

I had a similar issue when running the hobbit server on a VMware
instance once.  The OS under VMWare doesn't accurately keep time -
sometimes the time would shift backwards or forwards.  When this happens
Hobbit does not record the data, because RRD files are time sensitive in
that they will only accept updates within a specific time interval.

As for your problem I suspect that the system time on your server
changed due to the different NTP server. Perhaps it was wrong before and
now it's right, or maybe it was right before and now it's wrong.  Either
way the jump in time is what caused the problem. I'm not sure how you
can fix it, short of manually editing the timestamps in the rrd files.
Maybe someone else has a better suggestion :)

-Charles