clients-local.cfg question

Chuck Danger cdanger2k at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 04:39:53 CET 2007

I seem to be having a problem understanding clients-local.cfg.  Is it not possible for a host to match multiple entries in clients-local.cfg?  I have this currently:

bb-hosts:
192.168.1.2    test    # class=app

clients-local.cfg:
[sunos]
log: /var/adm/message:10240

[app]
file:/home/test/app/app.log

hobbit-clients.cfg:

DEFAULT

CLASS=app
    FILE /home/test/app/app.log RED size<150000

I would think that this would result in the client checking the logfile size at /home/test/app/app.log.  However, looking at the logfetch results on the client, I can see that it is not picking up the file config from clients-local.  If I move the "file" statement to [sunos], it works fine.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks-
Jay

http://mail.yahoo.com