Antwort: RE: [hobbit] New Version of Admin Scripts (v.0.1.1)

stefan.freisler at aspect-online.de stefan.freisler at aspect-online.de
Fri Jan 5 14:45:34 CET 2007

Michael Nemeth <michael.nemeth at lmco.com> schrieb am 05.01.2007 11:51:10:

> I  noticed that your still using using :
> query=$( $HEAD --bytes="$CONTENT_LENGTH" )
> Which is not portable at all.  (its GNU/ linux only)
> Rather than :
>       read -n $CONTENT_LENGTH query
> Is thre any reason NOT to use the read ?

No, i think i forgot it to change, or can't remeber way i used the old
one. In view Logs i have tested it, i think, because there was both
posibilites in it (one with uncommented)

> Also you  should note that #!  must be changed to a   GNU bash, version
> 2.05.0(1)  + compatable sh.
> ON unix system /bin/sh is either a basic bourne shell or a posix
> enhanced boure.

sorry i can't follow you. What it is to do for unix compatibility?

> Thanks for you effort!  I very happy with the veiw graph script; it will

> please my users.  The log view is nice but
> IM usualy on  the hobbit sever anyway.  Have not tried the rest , ive no

> pressing need for it any  else and it looks like
> it could damage  stuff.

yes it could but i think not to mutch ;-). I'm  allways on our server too,
but i think its mutch comfortable to do it with my Browser.

> The chhostservice.sh     script would be handy for me and I maybe thats
> the next one for me to test  but IM hoping that
> Henrik  (hint hint!)   can intergrate it into hobbit particularly  on
> the  enable/disable Maintenance page.

Yes that was a fine thing. Eventuell he can integrade my packet if it was
stable enough.

> I think most of frame work is already there for it.  Note it would be
> nice is the delete test/host  would log some where!

Ok this is a good idea for next one.

By
Stefan