Two Hobbit Servers

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Thu Jan 4 19:45:57 CET 2007

Hello,

I want to run Two Hobbit Servers for redundancy purposes.

Can someone give me some pointers. What's the best

way to set this up, and which files do I change?

I've looked through hobbitclient.cfg and it has the following:

BBDISP="192.168.0.218"             # IP address of the Hobbit server

BBDISPLAYS=""                   # IP of multiple Hobbit servers. BBDISP must
be "0.0.0.0".

So, Do I set BBDISPLAYS to:

BBDISPLAYS="192.168.0.219"   (For my other Hobbit Server)

Will the clients then send data to both servers? How do you account for
paging?

Do you set one machine as the primary and turn-off the other machine?

If one machine fails, can you enable the other to start paging.

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

Thanks..James

James Wade