[hobbit] server/client logs format

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Feb 27 14:41:42 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:20:49PM +0100, Dominique Frise wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 08:25:02AM +0100, Dominique Frise wrote:
> >>Sorry if this has been discussed already but I couldn't find anything in
> >>the mailing-list archive. Is there any docs/information about
> >>server/client logs format.
> >
> >Not really. Which logfile(s) are you interested in ?

> acknowledge.log
timestamp cookie minutessvalid cookie  "np_filename_not_used" hostname testname color ack-message

"cookie" is the code-number used to ack the alarm.

> notification.log
Sun Feb 18 14:13:13 2007 demohost.cpu (127.0.0.1) henrik at hswn.dk[121] 1171804393 200
-------- timestamp ----- -host/test-- --host IP-- --recipient--line-  timestamp ID

"line" is the linenumber in the hobbit-alerts.cfg that triggered this
alert.

"ID" is the "service ID" that Big Brother used. This is taken from the
SVCCODES setting in hobbitserver.cfg

If it is a "recovery" notice that was sent, then there is one more field
at the end of the line, which is the number of seconds the status was
critical.