Hobbit linux client and BB prof server

ralph.goeckel at accenture.com ralph.goeckel at accenture.com
Fri Feb 23 18:03:36 CET 2007

Hi Guys,

I am testing the actual (4.2.0) hobbit client together with a BigBrother professional monitoring server. With windows clients and bbwin 0.9 no issue at all. Only the Linux client does not really want to work. Compilation and all that stuff works great, but when it comes to send the gathered data to the monitoring server, I receive the following errors:

On the client in /var/log/hobbit/hobbitclient.log:

2007-02-23 15:20:42 Write error while sending message to bbd at x.x.x.x:1984

2007-02-23 15:20:42 Whoops ! bb failed to send message - write error

On the Server in BBOUT:

Fri Feb 23 15:12:16 2007 bbd Connection terminated from y.y.y.y  (partial message)

Does anybody know what the issue is ? I´ve already searcher through the archives, but without success :-(

Thanks in advance,

Ralph