fping/hobbitping problem

Steve sjh at allegro.ics.purdue.edu
Mon Feb 12 17:48:35 CET 2007

Greetings,

I'm upgrading from BB to hobbit today (:-), and have a small problem with
fping or hobbitping I can't seen to get around.

Initially I configured hobbit to use fping since that is what we've been
using and the message in the config say that hobbitping is "unstable".

But I get a red face on the bbtest column of the server and the message on
the detail page says that fping -Ae failed.

My fping doesn't have a -A option. I went to the fping.org page and it
doesn't have a -A option, either.

I haven't been able to find where in the sources the flags are set for
fping to change it to something else (like -ae ???).

Then I reconfigged and remade hobbit to use hobbitping, but the problem
persists.

?

Is there another version of fping I'm not aware of? Why does hobbitping
have the same problem??

Thanks for any help. I'm really looking forward to getting hobbit up and
running!

Steve Holmes
Purdue University