Status Question

Michael Dingeldey mdingeldey at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 10 18:21:34 CET 2007

Is there any way to query hobbit directly via an external script (separate from hobbit) so that
  I can get the current status of a device and display the status dot on a floor plan (or in this case, a hand-crafted web page with our floor plans as  jpegs)? What would I query? The
  reason I ask is that there is other information that I might want to monitor besides the connectivity status of the device.

  At this point I am looking for any suggestions as to the best way for doing this. If possible,
  I would like to have this process separate from hobbit - but I completely understand if I need
  to have the script run by hobbit.

  Has anyone done this, or should I not even consider this? Any and all thoughts are welcome.

  TIA!

Mike Dingeldey

Like Jimmy says:  If we weren't all crazy, we'd all go insane....