bbtest-net issues

Great D Dilla great.dilla at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:06:55 CET 2007

I have just migrated the hobbit server from an FC5 (32bit) host to a RHEL4
WS (64bit) in an attempt to consolidate stuff in one server. I'm using the
4.2 version with the all-in-one patch.

Hobbit is the first application to migrate and reside on the new server.
However, I have problems with bbtest-net. If it runs on the hobbitlaunch.cfg
by default, every "conn" column fails. So I tried running "bbcmd bbtest-net
--debug --report --dns=ip --concurrency=20" to check the hosts. After that
command completes, the "conn" column goes back to green.

So what I did was to create a shell script bbtest-net.sh in the "ext"
directory and substituted that to the bbtest-net CMD line in
hobbitlaunch.cfg. I'm not sure how to explain it since the bbtest-net
command executes and does not hang, neither does fping. Although this solved
the problem, it still did not explain why. It is strange to see this
happening.

I'm running iptables on the new host and in the old one as well. Iptables
have the same ruleset on the new server and the old server. Only the "conn"
test displayed this behavior. And the clients can pass data to the hobbit
server just fine. Anyone from the list have the same experience? What was
done to resolve it? Any thoughts?