[hobbit] Problem with SMS messages

Frank Lamoreaux mlist at cmcflex.com
Mon Dec 31 20:17:50 CET 2007

Josh Luthman wrote:
> Search, search, search!
>
> http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2006/05/msg00499.html
>
> On 12/31/07, * Frank Lamoreaux* <mlist at cmcflex.com
> <mailto:mlist at cmcflex.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>     I am having a simple problem with SMS messages being sent to my
>     Tmobile
>     phones.  I did a manual telnet into my mail server that sends these
>     messages and found that the ones that are coming from hobbit at xxx are
>     failing.  But when I use my own From address Myemail at cmcflex.com
>     <mailto:Myemail at cmcflex.com> the
>     messages go through with no issues.  Any suggestions on approaches
>     I can
>     take to fixing this problem.  Or how could I change the from
>     sender on
>     the hobbit server?
>
>     Thank you for your time.
>
>     Frank
>
>     To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
>     hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk <mailto:hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk>
>

> --
> Josh Luthman
> Office: 937-552-2340
> Direct: 937-552-2343
> 1100 Wayne St
> Suite 1337
> Troy, OH 45373
>
> Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
> --- Henry Spencer
Thank you for responding.  I'm quite new to Linux and have been thrown
in the job(Been on Linux for like a month now).  I saw that post when I
searched google but didn't make much sense to me.  I did resolve my
issue however.  Which now I look back at the post it makes more sense to
me now that I'm experienced but for my records there is an option in the
postfix directory with a file called main.cf.  I just changed the
"myhostname" option.

Thank you!

Frank